Tuesday, December 28, 2004

<<<On boaRd United AirLinEs... ...>>>

Renowned as a shopping paradise and eating haven, the night life no doubt testifies for its fame in these 2 aspects. Yet, behind these, few observe it as a bustling city with crowded living quarters; even the hotel suites are much smaller in comparison to those of equivalent “stars” in other countries. The tour guide remarked that he and his wife would need to fork out all their life savings to own a miserable toilet of 250 sq feet! And his present residence is only the size of our tour coach, multi-purposed into their bedroom, kitchen, living room and balcony for airing laundry.
He also added that evrythg in HK is SO highly competitive that it asphyxiates one. There’s simply no time for strolling on the streets, yes, maybe only tourists can afford to do so. The locals are too eventful, looking at their HPs, reading the newspaper, catching the next train, stepping to their next destination. Under their heavy-make-up, was most probably a drained soul, void except for fatigue? I can’t help but wonder if it’s too high a price to pay for being a metropolitan global polis.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Their fashion is considered, say, at least, 3 yrs more hippy-trendy than those in our local mrkt. It was such a pity we went during the winter season. Most of the window displays were winter clothing. But with my mum ard, I managed to pick some real gr8 bargains! Aiyoh, guess I’ll be ‘auntified’ by her sooner or ltr loh.
___________________________________________________________________________________

I’m amazed by how versatile HK tour guides can be. Not only did he give free advices to some of our tour mates (some declined to have their fortune predicaments, they’d rather not know what lies ahead for them), he was rather candid. Fortune telling for my future...hmmm, do I really wana listen? There’s sth abt fortune telling... whether u believe in it AND to what extent? How affected will u be if the predicaments turn out to be –ve...Wld u try to alter ur future by hook or by crook? Or will u rather let nature tk its course, adopting the attitude of whatever-will-be-shall-be? Personally, I am not really into such mystical powers...I still believe that one’s future lies in one’s hands. Ok, maybe fengshui and stuff makes sense...but I dun get over-bothered by it nway. So, I agreed to be ‘read’. Hmmm, when he mentioned abt my preferred selection criteria of an ideal partner, my eyes lit up! Ahah, they’re quite accurate! (Just by looking at my thumbs! Wow!) No idea what branch of fortune-telling he’s using...not palmistry definitely... coz he only requested that I raised my thumbs from the rear of the coach and I doubt he can view the fine lines on my palms from the front of the coach! And he didn’t read the moles (I’ve only a faint one on my eyebrow lah, bet u guys din notice it...) or my face or look at my ears or nose bridge... blah blah...so, was it utter coincidence or he really meant what he said? But one thg for sure, he must have made a mistake to say that I wld be married in the next 4-5 yrs...haha...how to?...when I’ve not even found whoever he’s supposed to be? I’m still striking a patient pose. Yeah, hopefully, ‘xiao ye zi’ don’t wither and wilt while she awaits her Prince Charming.

First Time Felt On|3:19 AM|

_____________

[[*The Refreshed*]]

Parcelled to my parents on:Seven-Eleven-Eighty-four(it's a store n more!)
Affectionately known as:WiLdDaZzLez,XiaoYong,Shortie,Ai Zai,XiaoStar,Yep MeiMei,Mee Siam(coz sounds MissSssSsYep),Sotong,Monkey,Leylong,Big-Po,Da-zhu,
Current Ht:Officially 151cm!(No more rounding off)
Wishlist/Personal collections: Canon or Olympus or Sony Digicam ,The Body Shop Series(love the fragrances),Swatches(classy,exotic timepieces), Lamps(of exotic designs),Travel,travel,travel!(Who can sponsor me on a Round the world tour?) FREEDOM .
Missions for this sem: Healthier lifestyle(regular meals + fitness routine + adequate rest),SOIREE2005(NUSHB Annual Concert),CENTENNIAL CELEBRATIONS:ORIENTAL SUITE, IMPRESSIONS 2005(Harmonica Orchestra annual concert/recitals),
more active volunteering, do sth for those i care abt b4 i graduate,do a kind deed for those who cannot return my favour,spend more quality time w fam/frens, be more observant/sensitive, maintain/pull up my C.A.P, indulge in my likes, pamper myself.

[[*My Adores*]]

Finger-lickin' gastronomies: Kenny Roger's muffins, Fish n Co. Chips,seafood platter, buffets of all sorts,cholatey chocs, ,desserts(Oh, my Cendol!) n patries(TOP FAV:peach Danish),Spicy stuff,Softshell crabs,Almost all fruits(except jackfruit n banana),
Local delights eg. Rojak,BakkutTeh,Popiah,Mee Siam,any (hygenic)mamak dishes,the list keeps evolving...
Savoury concoctions:Iced lemon tea,zappel,fruit juices,green tea,chrysanthemum,honey,tantalising spills!
Idols:My family,my frens,oh, AND I worship myself!wahaha~
My trendy colours:Sapphire blue,soft hues.

[[*My Detests*]]

Pests:Hypocrites,narrow-minded-and-small-hearted ppl,BIG Liars,underhanded cheaters,shallow/insincere creatures!
Solid/fluid wastes:Herbal tonics claiming to boost ht increase,Used to hate bittergourd,but fantastic culinary overode its bitterness somehow.
Obstacles:My hostel's loosened shower grip,AND i got anthr hopeless heater tiz sem!

[[*Music's Playing*]]

Artist:
Song:

Amidst my search//visit Iwebmusic for music

[[*Princess's Past Dreams*]]

|12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003|08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004|09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004|10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004|11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004|12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005|01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005|02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005|03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005|04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005|05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005|06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005|07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005|08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005|09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005|10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005|11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005|12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006|01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006|02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006|03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006|04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006|05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006|06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006|07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006|08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006|09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006|10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006|11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006|12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007|03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007|04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007|06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008

[[*The Conversations*]]

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[[*Credits*]]

|Ev0nE's World Of Emptyness|
|Ev0nE's Fairyland|
|Ev0nE's Tutorials|
|Blogskins|
|Blogger|

Its The First Time I Ever Felt This Refreshed
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com