Due to the intense depression after the interview, this missing anecdote was saved as a draft in blogger. But now, I was thankful I saved it as a draft.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The interviewing panel consisted of tough cookies: principals, cluster superintendents, and senior officers of MOE Headquarters. Despite having interview experiences, anxiety still accompanied me while I was in the waiting hall. For one, TEACHING IS MY CHILDHOOD PASSION, A FUTURE THAT I HAD PLANNED FOR SO BADLY. There was no doubt that I’ll apply for training at NIE upon graduation. But, knowing its annual quota, to gain admission is no easy deal. (Imagine seeing half ur fellow sci fac course mates applying to NIE. Oh, and I saw many familiar faces in the waiting hall. ) Hence, securing a guaranteed place in NIE would be half a battle won. I felt like a criminal about to be interrogated once I stepped into the conference room. I was rather well-prepared for the ‘expected questions’ and managed them with confidence. Then, came the unexpected ones. *SWEAT* (No leakage of interview questions allowed here and I wldnt be foolish enough to risk losing my award just like that PSC scholar.)
I was in there for about 10mins. Just before I left, one of the panel told me: “Try to gain more teaching experience in Spore.” (I could only teach in JB since my nationality and student pass status restricted me from relief teaching in Spore. (Ive lost count of how many schs I’ve approached during each vacation and how many times I’ve gotten negative responses.) It’s the same helplessness when u read “FOR SINGAPOREANS/ PERMANET RESIDENTS ONLY” on scholarships application forms.
10 mins. That’s the end. The candidates before me were smiling when they left the room. Each was in there for about 20mins. And Justin (another chem course mate) told me he was in there for about 25mins. Deciphering the tone in which he spoke, “Try to gain more teaching experience in Spore.” , I interpreted it as “ Try again next year.”
I hung my head low but I still thank the panel as I closed the door behind me. If it was any other interview, rejection is but a sour plum. BUT, since the issue on hand means so much to me, it’s about losing sleep and appetite for today, tmr and perhaps the rest of the week!
Mum called while I was on the bus back to NUS. She asked me abt it and my eyes were blinking wet as she comforted me, hearing how dejected I sounded.
What if I don’t get into NIE next year? Next next year? Will I ever get to be a teacher? Why is it that those who are dying to pledge their dedication aren’t offered a teaching position while those who pick up the teaching rod, just for money’s sake, effortlessly land the job and leave the classrooms when there’s a greener pasture elsewhere?
Parcelled to my parents on:Seven-Eleven-Eighty-four(it's a store n more!)
Affectionately known as:WiLdDaZzLez,XiaoYong,Shortie,Ai Zai,XiaoStar,Yep MeiMei,Mee Siam(coz sounds MissSssSsYep),Sotong,Monkey,Leylong,Big-Po,Da-zhu,
Current Ht:Officially 151cm!(No more rounding off)
Wishlist/Personal collections: Canon or Olympus or Sony Digicam ,The Body Shop Series(love the fragrances),Swatches(classy,exotic timepieces), Lamps(of exotic designs),Travel,travel,travel!(Who can sponsor me on a Round the world tour?) FREEDOM .
Missions for this sem: Healthier lifestyle(regular meals + fitness routine + adequate rest),SOIREE2005(NUSHB Annual Concert),CENTENNIAL CELEBRATIONS:ORIENTAL SUITE, IMPRESSIONS 2005(Harmonica Orchestra annual concert/recitals),
more active volunteering, do sth for those i care abt b4 i graduate,do a kind deed for those who cannot return my favour,spend more quality time w fam/frens, be more observant/sensitive, maintain/pull up my C.A.P, indulge in my likes, pamper myself.
[[*My Adores*]]
Finger-lickin' gastronomies: Kenny Roger's muffins, Fish n Co. Chips,seafood platter, buffets of all sorts,cholatey chocs,
,desserts(Oh, my Cendol!) n patries(TOP FAV:peach Danish),Spicy stuff,Softshell crabs,Almost all fruits(except jackfruit n banana),
Local delights eg. Rojak,BakkutTeh,Popiah,Mee Siam,any (hygenic)mamak dishes,the list keeps evolving...
Savoury concoctions:Iced lemon tea,zappel,fruit juices,green tea,chrysanthemum,honey,tantalising spills!
Idols:My family,my frens,oh, AND I worship myself!wahaha~
My trendy colours:Sapphire blue,soft hues.
[[*My Detests*]]
Pests:Hypocrites,narrow-minded-and-small-hearted ppl,BIG Liars,underhanded cheaters,shallow/insincere creatures!
Solid/fluid wastes:Herbal tonics claiming to boost ht increase,Used to hate bittergourd,but fantastic culinary overode its bitterness somehow.
Obstacles:My hostel's loosened shower grip,AND i got anthr hopeless heater tiz sem!
[[*Music's Playing*]]
Artist:
Song:
Amidst my search//visit Iwebmusic for music
[[*Princess's Past Dreams*]]
|12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003|08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004|09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004|10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004|11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004|12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005|01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005|02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005|03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005|04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005|05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005|06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005|07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005|08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005|09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005|10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005|11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005|12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006|01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006|02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006|03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006|04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006|05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006|06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006|07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006|08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006|09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006|10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006|11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006|12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007|03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007|04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007|06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
[[*The Conversations*]]
| Powered by TagBoard Message Board |
[[*Credits*]]
|Ev0nE's World Of Emptyness|
|Ev0nE's Fairyland|
|Ev0nE's Tutorials|
|Blogskins|
|Blogger|