Clearing my inbox and I realised there're lotza pre-concert correspondences sent and received. They made me acknowledged that Im not perfect but i can learn to be a better person in cooperation with others. Tho' displeasure may arise, negotiation can be done in peaceful manner.Teamwork is impt and no lone ranger is able to survive alone, not for long.
___________________________________________________
Hello, from Tung Leh again. I heard from Quoc that you all have changed your piece, right? Change to “Sound of Silence”, correct? And from Quoc, Trang play 1st Harmonica, Quoc plays 2nd Harmonica and Lee Yong plays Tenor C, am I correct? And… is there any chord and bass? If do, can you tell me? Thank you… hehe remember to photocopy the scores for kahying and give me a short write-up of your pieces, at least an arranger or a composer. If can find both, good… hehe! Thanks!
From Tang Tung Leh
----------
Hey there Tung Leh,
Erm, no, I think there’re some miscommunication.*P Nvm, we’ll clarify it as follow:
Title of recital piece: Highlights from THE SOUND OF MUSIC (Sort of a medley)
First Harmo(2 players): Trang, Lian Dee**(tentative, to be confirmed),Second Harmo: Quoc,Tenor C: Diep,Piano: Lee Yong,No bass/chord
The photocopied version is with Trang rite? I’ll be away in JB for the mid-sem break. So, can anyone be kind enough to zap a copy and pass to Kah Ying on Mon?
Trang: Richard Rogers is the composer / arranger? Hee, I didn’t chose this piece, so not too sure about its details…^_^
That’s all for now. Enjoy our 4 midterm brk,with no lects and no tuts, haha, but got so many other stuff to settle! (so miserable) Rest well before we get busier again!
-----------------
Haha… ok thanks for your information! …. How Diep play tenor C? Haha… she only know horn… oic… she use horn to play tenorC part ah?! haha ok so… will trang and lian dee sharing the same score since they both playing 1st harmonica… if they both share scores, then I will assign one stand and one mic. If not… u have to tell me who is the main player then… so that one of them being assigned to another standing position. Thank you! The writeup… tell trang or whoever in charge of finding the write up for ur piece, just need a short one, eg its origin… or a series of a song… or others… anything.. no need to be in 4 or 5 lines… just 2 lines is enuf. Hehehe… so enjoy ur holiday!
From Tang Tung Leh
__________________________
Hey to my 3 counterparts,
I would like to express my sincere apologies regarding recital check this aftn. My piano notes got so many mistakes and I really felt guilty and depressed after I heard the tutor’s comments about my lousy playing. I’m truly sorry for taking up so much of your time. I know we’re all busy with our other stuff. I’ll promise to practise on my own tml…I’ll try to look for an available piano and try out all the songs again. Hopefully, I’ll improve by our next meeting.Please bear with me for the meantime and hope we will coordinate better next time.
Lots of Sighs,
Lee Yong (“<)
P/S Hope Diep recovers from her flu soon! To all, drink more water and take care! We must stay healthy!
Quoc replys:
It is ok (: . I understand the time constraint that we all face. It is not only your fault, my fault too, for neglecting all the basics during practice. See you later. We can do it girl!
____________________________________________________________________
Hey all,
Ive got a test on Wed (4pm to 6pm) as mentioned earlier. No excuse letter for test, I guess. Nway, I bet the retest will be a killer. I would rather die before the IMPRESSIONS concert. Dun worry, i promise I’ll fly down after the test and be in time. I’ll be fully dressed for my test to cut down on time.
How abt the 3 of you? Can u make it? Or can Tung Leh kindly push our item back to the last few,so that we’ll be in time?
Lee Yong
----------------
To performers of Sound of Music:
First option: If Lee Yong, Diep, Quoc and Trang, you 4 can make to the audi before 3.30pm, I can ask the technician to take your sound check the moment all your grp members are there.
Second option (when Diep, Quoc and Trang can’t make it before 3.30pm): Lee Yong, you pass your scores to someone who can play piano AND able to reach there at 3pm (e.g. chang kiat or others, chang kiat will be there at 3pm…) then Lee Yong can go prepare her test while the other 3 + a pianist will do the sound check. Tell the pianist taking ur place for the sound check whatever you want, hehe… mayb changing of tempo or others. Hehe…
So please consider your choice between these two options. Thank you. I should be able to get the verified and corrected emcee script. Mind that Lee Yong, you still can edit it as you prefer after you get the script… so that it suit your expressions. Hehe… for the full-dress rehearsal, guess I say Bert or Tungngie to take ur place. Then u do it for the actual concert. Hehe… how about that?
Please email me which one you like, esp Diep, Trang and Quoc. It depends on what time you three can make it to the UCC Theatre. If later than 3.30pm, then better use 2nd option, because I believe Lee Yong want to have time to study. So… if can arrived before 3.30pm then we pick the 1st option. Thank you!
NUS Harmonica Orchestra
Tang Tung Leh
--------------
Dear all,
I cannot make it for 3pm… only 3.30 onwards L… Guess we have to use option 2 then… so sorry
Regards
Diep
-------------------
Any time is fine for me. I think test is more important. Let Lee Yong concentrate on her test. See what we can do after she finishes her test.
Cheer up everyone (:
Quoc
Despite the disconsent on certain issues,I still thank my recital mates for their understanding.Fault an incident, but avoid faulting a person.
____________________________________________________________________
{MY MASTERPIECE WRITE-UP FOR SOND OF MUSIC},which was editted for brevity eventually.
//Are all musicals the same?
The final collaboration between composer Richard Rodgers and lyricist Oscar Hammerstein, The Sound of Music remains one of the most popular movie musicals of all time to this day. Being acclaimed as the most “musical” of musicals ever made, it is based on the true-life autobiography of the Von Trapps, the family of singers who had to flee their native Austria after the German takeover in 1938. It went on to become the second-longest running Broadway musical up to that time. But, still greater success lay just ahead. In 1965, "The Sound of Music" debuted as a motion picture.Despite so many decades later, "The Sound of Music" can still lingers. Be enchanted as we bring the hills alive with highlights from the Sound of Music!//
Here we go!! Phew, Im done!! Sorry Tung Leh for the super long delay…pls dun kill me with parang!! Hahaha…
To the rest, any comments or anythg to add on?Go for my shower now… Cya tml for costume check!!
Lee Yong
---------------------------------
Hehe! Here is the emcee script,final editted version! 3 page only… v short…[haha, yar rite! S.H.O.R.T and Sweet like the emcee!]Glory to the One and Only God
From Tang Tung Leh
_____________________________________________________________________
Hello all, some reminders first:
Bring in your costumes for your performance for Harmonica Impressions 2005 on 30th September (Friday), BY LATEST! Please don’t make me chase you… if you have a digital camera, you can get some of your friends to take picture of you and your partners with the costumes on, and give me by latest 3rd October.
ALL OF YOUR WRITE-UPS are driving me crazy… Haha… minimum requirement of your write up is: Composer / Arranger or BOTH (best if can) and also the Origin of your piece. (Origin, e.g. “Marche Militaire Opus D No.51”). If cannot find such origin, please state the type + year(optional) of your piece, e.g. “Chinese Folk Song, 1935”. I need it these information for the emcee scripts and the programme sheet. So please do give me quickly. By latest 29th September!!! Really…. Coz programme sheet requires printing!!! (If too late, then the programme sheet will be black and white.)
Here… just check whether your name are “complete” or not. If not, please email me. These are the names I be using for the programme sheet. The names are in ascending order. So it would be easy to verify and the email are by the side and these are the recipients of this email.Any problem?
-------
Hey my dears,
So, what do u all want to wear for IMPRESSIONS? Diep will be playing other songs…so we try to match the colour of her clothings? What do u all think? Do give suggestions.
Pls state your colour preference and what u intend to wear below.So that the rest of us can have a general idea.
Lee Yong : Grey/ Black Blouse (most likely with long sleeve)+ Grey Skirt + Strapped Heels (haahaa, simple and formal!! Yeah!)
Kindly REPLY TO ALL….Thx!!! And will all of us be free to go down at 6pm on this FRI (30/9) for the costume check? We need to let Tung Leh know. Plus, rehearse together again. ^_^
Lee Yong
--------
HI all,
I have black blouse also but I don’t have grey skirt L… only have black skirt here. And yet, how long should the skirt be? Any other suggestion??
To Diep: what costume will you be wearing for the other songs?
Trang
--------
Sorry ‘cause my other group also haven’t decided yet… I hav a grey shirt but it’s quite light… black skirt no prob…
Cheers,
Diep
--------
Hey all,Lee Yong here.
Ok, seems like black is a more preferred choice. But I don’t have black skirt. Or perhaps we just wear black or grey shirt/skirt? (Quite similar shade) As long as it’s close to the dark colour pants that Quoc is wearing, I guess we should be fine. How about that?
If all of you have no objections, then I’ll inform Tung Leh that we’ll meet for the costume check at 6pm on Fri (30/9).
Oh, has any of you given Tung Leh the write up about our recital piece? If not, I’ll type one to submit to him soon. Can someone supply the details of the composers, period, genre/type(Musical correct…?) etc… anything u all want the emcee to read out before our recital item….etc.. I will try to summarise and link all these details together after my Malay test today.
To Trang: According to Tung Leh, the length of skirt should be roughly below knee.
(very nitty-gritty stuffs,which i dun wish to spend too much attn on)
_____________________________
Hi ppl,
Regarding the excuse letters, all letters are out. For those who asked for it during the weekend. I’d emailed Ms Lim Nam Leng from CFA and hopefully it is done by today. Please go and collect at the CFA office during office hours today.
For others, please note that excuse letters are not produced by me. Names have to be sent to CFA and they will issue the excuse letter. So, usually I will send one week before the real concert or rehearsal to give them time to prepare the letters. Hope all of you understand and ask for your excuse letters earlier next time.
Sorry for the nagging.And thanks!*cheers*
Hwachin
NUSHO
Its not easy to please everyone in a big organisation.Seeking cooperation from all is no easy feat.
-------------------
Hello from your Concert Manager, (dun worry, hardly will you receive any email from me till next semester) very glad that Harmonica Impressions 2005 is finally over and I think the overall performance is really great. Hope you all enjoy yourselves during the concert and the thrill of before going in front of the audience. Hehe…
Thank you to all performers that you all cooperate very well and did a great job for this concert and I am really grateful and proud of you all! Special thanks (must mention their names as they really help me a lot in the concert) to Lee Yong (Emcee), Yung Hua (Helping to buy our foods), Khee Shuan, Jit Hon, Seu Lan (helping Yung Hua), Tung Ngie, Quoc (helping with stage for Tong Hua), Hoa, Zong Liang, Sikyin, “someone dun want me to say his/her name” (giving me advise on the mics, stands and stage layout), Kah Ying (for arranging the orders of the items), Diep (for selecting scores) and Chee Wee (helping me all the way).
Yes, debrief is a technical process while appreciation goes a long way...
____________________________________________________________________
NOW, THAT'S only a small demonination of my inbox and outbox.WLdnt wish my blogger to be flooded as well.So that's it. Postman,pls collect the trash.*P
Parcelled to my parents on:Seven-Eleven-Eighty-four(it's a store n more!)
Affectionately known as:WiLdDaZzLez,XiaoYong,Shortie,Ai Zai,XiaoStar,Yep MeiMei,Mee Siam(coz sounds MissSssSsYep),Sotong,Monkey,Leylong,Big-Po,Da-zhu,
Current Ht:Officially 151cm!(No more rounding off)
Wishlist/Personal collections: Canon or Olympus or Sony Digicam ,The Body Shop Series(love the fragrances),Swatches(classy,exotic timepieces), Lamps(of exotic designs),Travel,travel,travel!(Who can sponsor me on a Round the world tour?) FREEDOM .
Missions for this sem: Healthier lifestyle(regular meals + fitness routine + adequate rest),SOIREE2005(NUSHB Annual Concert),CENTENNIAL CELEBRATIONS:ORIENTAL SUITE, IMPRESSIONS 2005(Harmonica Orchestra annual concert/recitals),
more active volunteering, do sth for those i care abt b4 i graduate,do a kind deed for those who cannot return my favour,spend more quality time w fam/frens, be more observant/sensitive, maintain/pull up my C.A.P, indulge in my likes, pamper myself.
[[*My Adores*]]
Finger-lickin' gastronomies: Kenny Roger's muffins, Fish n Co. Chips,seafood platter, buffets of all sorts,cholatey chocs,
,desserts(Oh, my Cendol!) n patries(TOP FAV:peach Danish),Spicy stuff,Softshell crabs,Almost all fruits(except jackfruit n banana),
Local delights eg. Rojak,BakkutTeh,Popiah,Mee Siam,any (hygenic)mamak dishes,the list keeps evolving...
Savoury concoctions:Iced lemon tea,zappel,fruit juices,green tea,chrysanthemum,honey,tantalising spills!
Idols:My family,my frens,oh, AND I worship myself!wahaha~
My trendy colours:Sapphire blue,soft hues.
[[*My Detests*]]
Pests:Hypocrites,narrow-minded-and-small-hearted ppl,BIG Liars,underhanded cheaters,shallow/insincere creatures!
Solid/fluid wastes:Herbal tonics claiming to boost ht increase,Used to hate bittergourd,but fantastic culinary overode its bitterness somehow.
Obstacles:My hostel's loosened shower grip,AND i got anthr hopeless heater tiz sem!
[[*Music's Playing*]]
Artist:
Song:
Amidst my search//visit Iwebmusic for music
[[*Princess's Past Dreams*]]
|12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003|08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004|09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004|10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004|11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004|12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005|01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005|02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005|03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005|04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005|05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005|06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005|07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005|08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005|09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005|10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005|11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005|12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006|01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006|02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006|03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006|04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006|05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006|06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006|07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006|08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006|09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006|10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006|11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006|12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007|03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007|04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007|06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
[[*The Conversations*]]
| Powered by TagBoard Message Board |
[[*Credits*]]
|Ev0nE's World Of Emptyness|
|Ev0nE's Fairyland|
|Ev0nE's Tutorials|
|Blogskins|
|Blogger|